NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT ORLETON PARISH COUNCIL WILL MEET AT 7.30PM ON THURSDAY 17 OCTOBER 2019 AT THE VILLAGE HALL
1. Apologies for absence
2. Declarations of interest and written dispensations on agenda items
3. Agree the minutes of the meeting held on 19 September 2019
4. Invitation to members of the public to address the council (limited to 15)
5. Consider request from Orleton Recreation Association to pay for the watercourse to be cleared, and consider proposal to request more trees are planted by the association
6. Receive report on Herefordshire Council from Ward Cllr. Bowen
7. Clerk’s report and reports on meetings attended by parish councillors
8. Lengthsman/ Highways and Footpaths
193135 Boot Inn, Kitchen Hill Road, Orleton, SY8 4HN – Proposed renovation of outbuilding (referred to as The Little House), the works to include repair of oak frame, infill panels and masonry plinth walls, the replacement of asbestos sheet roof with plain clay tile and rebuilding of gable end stack.
193300 The Cottage, Millbrook Way, Orleton, SY8 4HW – Propose to reduce height of cherry tree in hedge bordering the Millbrook and Brook House to below the level of the hedge. Tree causing excessive shading to neighbour and is within 10 metres of another cherry tree.
193505 Eagle House, Orleton, SY8 4HN – Proposed works to T1 Bay – fell, T3 Sycamore – fell, T4 Silver Birch -crown raise, T5 American Red Oak – crown raise, T6 Group of Hedging Conifers – fell, T7 Mature Apple tree – fell, T9 Ash – lightly prune back, T10 Group of Hedging Conifers – 10 metres to fell. Replanting scheme. See application form for details.
Update on planning applications/ enforcement
i) Financial Statement to date
ii) Payments to agree:
D C Gardening Services, lengthsman/ P3 footpaths – £378.00
Leo Pest Control, dog waste removal – £182.40
Wigmore School, sponsor tutor group award – £30.00
iii) Proposal to purchase new batteries (x4) and ‘convert’ the casing of each SID to be bright yellow.
iv) Consider quotation from Balfour Beatty for proposed highways work on the B4361 aimed at improving road safety.
11. Proposal to participate in scheme for recycling of hard to recycle waste
12. ‘We don’t buy Crime’ offer from the Police and Crime Commissioner
13. Neighbourhood Development Plan – Agree attendees for Core Strategy and Neighbourhood Planning review Workshop evening and agree next steps for review of the plan
14. Consider making an application for a Safer Roads grant from the Police and Crime Commissioner
15. Review proposed schedule of meetings for 2019
16. Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion)
17. Information items
18. Date of the next meeting and close meeting
13 October 2019