MINUTES OF ORLETON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING (EXTRAORDINARY) HELD AT THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM ON THURSDAY 29 AUGUST 2019
PRESENT B Gandy – Chairman; P Smith – Vice Chairman; and E Clanzy-Hodge.
IN ATTENDANCE Ward Cllr. S Bowen (Bircher Ward); and R Hewitt, Clerk. One member of the public was present.
1. Apologies for absence – J Hobson, J Humber, J Page and M Morrison.
2. Declarations of interest and written dispensations on agenda items – None.
3. Invitation to members of the public to address the council (limited to 15) – There were no matters raised.
192536 Orleton Surgery, Millbrook Way, Orleton, SY8 4HW – Replace existing gravel carpark with tarmac, creation of 1 doctor space and 2 disabled. lower kerb to allow access to disabled spaces. The planning application was supported subject to sustainable measures to prevent run-off such as permeable block paving, and designing in the ability for drivers to turn so that cars enter Millbrook Way ‘nose-first’.
192608 Spring Cottage, Orleton, SY8 4JG – Proposed enlargement and alterations to existing ancillary outbuilding including erection of summer room. The planning application was supported subject to the outbuilding being ancillary to the cottage in perpetuity.
192907, 40 Mortimer Drive, Orleton SY8 4JW – Poplar Tree (P) – Coppice tree because of excessive height and shading. When coppiced hopefully management of a hedgerow will result. || Alder Tree (A1) – Coppice tree because of excessive shading. When Coppiced hopefully management of a hedgerow will result. || Alder Tree (A2) – Coppice tree because of excessive shading. When Coppiced hopefully management of a hedgerow will result. The proposed tree work was supported.
5. Local connection committee – A committee was established to support the process with Herefordshire Housing, whereby the parish council is asked to confirm the local connection of applicants. The following members were appointed: Cllrs. Gandy, Smith and Clanzy-Hodges. The committee will meet between parish council meetings as required. The committee will only meet if the local connection cannot be considered at a scheduled parish council meeting due to the requirement for a prompt response. Absent members will be invited to consider joining the committee at the next meeting.[The meeting continued in closed session]
6. Little Furlongs – A local connection form provided by Connexus (formerly South Shropshire Housing Association) was considered. The local connection was confirmed.
The meeting closed at 8.05pm.